Keeping you lips soft and appealing should be part of everyone’s skincare regimen, however it is often overlooked. Here’s some lip care tips to keep you lips soft and beautiful.
- Exfoliate. Yes, even your lips can use a spa treatment. A gentle lip scrub will only only exfoliate your lips of those little flakes, but it can also hydrate them. Exfoliation also helps prep your lips to absorb your lip balm. Look for a scrub that’s specific for lips and is sugar based, which is more softening than the sale or nut based scrubs used for the face or body.
- Moisturize. It’s important to keep your lips moisturized, even if you plan on wearing lip color. We recommend argan oil-based lip care products. They absorb quickly and don’t leave a thick or sticky residue.
- Add Color. Giving your lips some color with added moisturizing benefits is a smart choice. Many feel matte lip colors are too dramatic and can appear dry looking when worn during the summer and hot Phoenix months. Wear lip colors that are creamier in texture and have hydrating ingredients like jojoba oil and/or shea butter.
- Gently Clean. Look for make-up removers that are free of alcohol, which can dry out the skin and lips.
- Hydrate. Dry lips are a symptom of dehydration. Be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and help keep your lips plump and full.
As we age, our lips lose volume. At Abloom Med Spa, we offer JUVÉDERM Lip Enhancement treatments to plump the lips. JUVÉDERM is an excellent lip filler as it is long lasting and can look very natural.